Milwaukee Fashion Week works hard, year round, to bring designers, stylists, retailers, buyers, media and fashion enthusiasts together annually for a weekend of amazing fashion presentations, networking and social experiences, all while supporting a nonprofit organization. It takes a team of dedicated volunteers to help keep everything moving flawlessly!
Interested? Consider being a part of our Board of Directors in bringing MKEFW’s full potential a reality! Check out our current Board of Director Openings, and fill out our online application today, or email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
GOAL: Ensure organization operates within legal boundaries and laws.
The duties will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Provide oversight on any activities that advance the organizations effectiveness and sustainability.
- Ensure that the organization obeys applicable laws and acts in accordance with ethical practices.
- Ensure that the organization adheres to its stated corporate purposes, including its policies and procedures and bylaws, and that its activities advance its mission.
- Assist with HR/Contract Fulfillment related inquiries/duties
- Educate as needed, to ensure the Board understands business related legalities.
- Ensure conflicts of interest are communicated and offer suggestions on how to handle.
- Communicate with PR/Marketing, Directors, and Board Members to help support company’s mission.
- Create/Maintain documents
- Other duties as necessary or needed.
|Skills and abilities preferred to succeed as Legal Advisor
- Fulfill required time commitment.
- Willing and able to act as an ambassador on MKEFW’s behalf.
- Honesty, integrity and respect for others.
- Strong team-builder and team player.
- Demonstrated interest is the non-profit/social responsibility sector.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable working in a fluid environment and taking initiative.
- Entrepreneurial drive and desire to play an integral role in MKEFW’s growth strategy.
- Experience in state and federal laws and business practices, with high interest in Fashion and/or nonprofit organizations.
- Governance responsibilities.
- Develop new skills and/or enhance current skillset. This may include becoming a mentor to others.
- Maintaining a strong work ethic.
- Meet, and work with, a diverse range of people.
- Help make a difference in the day-to-day life of the organization, and fashion community.
- Help make a difference in the lives of those seeking education in the fashion/beauty industry.
- Allow your voice to be heard during meetings, as well as during planning and post-show processes.
- Recognition as Legal Advisor thru digital channels.
- One year commitment.